Welcome!

Welcome to Plum Creek Traditions: dedicated to getting back to a simpler life!

Sunday, August 21, 2011

It's baby season!!!

It seems like everyone around me is pregnant! Lots of babies coming soon which translates to lots of baby showers. Usually I order my son's diapers off of Amazon.com, but I didn't have any coupons this week and I was almost out, so I ventured over to Target. I get to the baby section and I couldn't even get down the diaper aisle. It was packed full of pregnant women with registry scanners and women with registry lists searching the aisles for the perfect shower gift. The last time I needed a baby shower gift I went into the store with a $25 budget. I wanted to get a package of diapers, a tub of wipes, some lavender baby bath, a nice blanket (luxury item for the gift), an outfit and maybe a small toy. I have two kids and not much time, so of course I went shopping the day of the shower...I'm not quite sure what I was thinking. With not much time and the kids in tow, I head to the baby aisle. First up; diapers and wipes. I'm not sure how the new mom feels about generic brands so my choice is Huggies and Pampers. One package of size one diapers....Pampers 40 count or Huggies 40 count: $9.99! Almost half my budget, but it’s a baby essential. Wipes: $2.50 a tub! On to the lavender baby bath (which I highly recommend): Johnson & Johnson brand: $4.29! Now to pick up a blanket: 1 minky chenille blanket: $18.99. At this point I realize that the blanket is eats up all but $5 of my budget. I could put everything else back and just get the blanket but it seems kind of small and impersonal by its self. I could put back the blanket and just go with the diapers, wipes and baby wash, but it feels so impersonal. I decide to go ahead and get it all, but I'm going to have to forget about the outfit and toy.

Total so far:

1 package of 40 diapers - $9.99

1 tub of wipes - $2.50

1 bottle of baby wash - $4.29

1 blanket - $18.99

--------------------

$35.77 (whoops)

Ok, on to the check out...wait I forgot a bag and card! No time to run home, so I need a bag and tissue paper. Bag: $4.99 tissue paper $0.99. Card: $2.99

New total:

Gift- $35.77

Bag- $4.99

Tissue- $0.99

Card- $2.99

----------------

$44.74

Tax: $48.79

Friend's joy over gift: priceless

My stress level over just spending double my budget on a gift I'm not exactly thrilled about: Through the roof.

I wonder to myself how many people at this shower had the exact same experience, and then I see a girl across the room totally deflate when she sees that I gave our mutual friend the same blanket that she purchased for her. I decided that's it! I'm not going to give any more last minute, overpriced, duplicate gifts to my friends, and I want to give my other friends the same option. So, I started Plum Creek Traditions.

I offer burp cloths, super soft blankets and even bibs. I have a wide selection of fabrics for boys, girls or even neutral patterns. The burp cloths and bibs are made from soft snuggle flannel and are super absorbent. They are contoured to fit your shoulder and have a cute fringe which definitely sets them apart from standard burp cloths. My blankets are made with soft snuggle flannel and super luxurious (yet completely machine washable) minky chenille. Each blanket is extra-large at 40"x 36", and like all of my items is homemade.

Not only are all items reasonably price, but we wrap it for you too! At Plum Creek Traditions, we love the charm of an old fashioned mercantile, therefore we package all orders in only old fashioned brown wrapping paper, cotton twine (just like they used to), and cute little Plum Creek tag with washing instructions (EVERYTHING is machine washable/dryable, which is super mom-friendly). All orders are completely ready to be given as gifts.

Every mom that has received our products have loved them and totally loved the fact that they were especially made for her. So skip the last minute, overpriced, duplicate gift, and let us help you give a personalized, reasonably priced unique gift; wrapped and ready to go!

Choose items individually or save a little money with our exclusive Plum Package which gives the new mama 1 blanket and 4 burp cloths uniquely packaged and ready to go for just $36!!! No tax, no last minute bag, no unexpected total, just hand crafted with lots of love! Need it shipped? We can do that! We will work to get you the lowest shipping price possible for your selected items, so the shipping doesn't break your bank! Need to use a credit card? We take paypal!

So stop by our Facebook, Etsy page, or even send us and email, and let us help you give an unforgettable gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment